Mobile Check Deposit (MCD)
With BWD Mobile Check Deposit, you have the ability to deposit your check with the click of a button. This service is available through your BWD Mobile Banking App which gives you the ability to deposit eligible checks into your checking or savings account using most camera equipped mobile devices.*
- Properly endorse the back of your check (see below)
- Log in to the BWD Mobile Banking app
- Select Deposits from the menu
- Select New Deposit
- Select the account to deposit the check into
- Enter the amount of the check
- Select Continue
- You will be prompted to take a picture of the front and back of the check
- After each image is taken, click Use to send the image or Retake
- The image will be validated to ensure image quality and to validate that the back of the check has been endorsed.
- Once the images are sent, you will be prompted to confirm the deposit amount
- All deposits will be reviewed by the bank and will show as Pending upon submission
*For qualified mobile devices that meet OS and hardware requirements.
To Download the BWD Mobile Banking App, please visit:
Android Mobile Phones & Tablets
Visit the Play Store to download the BWD Mobile Banking App
Each check must be endorsed with:
- A legible payee signature
- The words “Mobile Deposit”
Third Party Checks must be endorsed with:
- A legible payee signature
- The words “Mobile Deposit” and “payable to”
- A legible signature of the third party payee
Please note: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, the deposit will be rejected.
Tips on using Mobile Check Deposit (MCD)
- Before using Mobile Deposit, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/endorse the back of your check and label it “Mobile Deposit”.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photo.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photo of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check.
- All four corners are visible.
- Check is not blurry.
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
For answers to frequently asked questions please visit our Mobile Check Deposit FAQ page.
For further information, contact one of our Personal Bankers at (608) 253-1111.